Saturday, 11 August 2007

Worthy Wisdom: Trimming the fat

Filed under: ,

I'm still synthesizing all of the information I gathered at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, Arizona. I've been home from this health and healing institute for three months now. Still, I'm discovering new and exciting ways to put into action the tools I brought home.

One task I've mostly mastered is trimming the excess fat out of my diet. I never realized how much fat I was eating before I closely examined my habits. A half order of cheese fries with ranch dressing during an occasional trip to the Outback was costing me 91 grams of fat -- not to mention 1,450 calories and 120 grams of carbohydrates. Now I steer clear of fatty foods and pay close attention to what I ingest. In case you want to jump on board, here are a few tips: Use skim or soy milk, pick low-fat cheeses, pick up some ground turkey instead of beef, and snack on fresh fruit instead of chips, dips, cookies, and cakes.

This is just a start. But a difference it will truly make.

No comments: