Wednesday, 8 August 2007

Is your laundry detergent toxic?

Filed under: ,

I take most health-related tidbits I hear with a grain of salt. After all, everything seems to be linked to anything these days, and it's hard to weed through what you should be avoiding. I choose instead to trust that if I live my life as healthfully as I can stand, I'll have done the best I can.

Here's a bit of information that you can either ignore or live by -- Laundry Detergents can be toxic to you and your family. Chemicals in laundry detergent are thought to be toxic to the human, specifically:
  • Petroleum Distillates -- which linked to cancer
  • Phenols
  • Artificial fragrances
  • Phosphates
  • Optical brighteners
I don't know how true this is, but if you're concerned, a switch to a more natural detergent certainly won't harm you. For some suggestions, check out this article from That's Fit.

No comments: