Wednesday, 1 August 2007

Elizabeth Edwards: asymptomatic and doing fine

Filed under: , ,

It seems Elizabeth Edwards has a good amount of energy, despite her diagnosis of incurable cancer in March, following a previous battle with breast cancer. Perhaps her energy stems from the fact that she is asymptomatic and feeling quite well.

About her health and her husband's campaign, Edwards says, "I feel good and honestly, the campaign is more helpful. I don't sit at home and worry about what's going to happen to me a year from now, two years from now, 10 years from now. I take a pill in the morning and that's when I think about cancer. No other time of the day do I think about my cancer."

While she does admit she doesn't want to push herself too hard, she doesn't worry about the accompanying her husband, Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards, on his busy campaign trail. And she doesn't worry about what others might think of her decision to press forward.

"Honestly, I didn't hear any criticism from anybody who's been through it. I think people who haven't been through it were critical. I just hope they never have a chance to learn the choices they would make. I'm pretty confident they would choose, as we have, to do things. I can't imagine better medicine for me than to be out doing something."

No comments: