Wednesday, 29 August 2007

Coffee studies support health benefits

Filed under: , , ,

As I write this, I'm sitting in Panera Bread, sipping on some coffee that has a name so fancy it's supposed to impress people enough to make them buy it (color me impressed, I guess). While I'm not really much of a coffee drinker, there's plenty of research out there to suggest that maybe it's something I should consider becoming.

In one of the more recent studies -- published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition -- it was discovered that consuming 2 to 3 daily cups of caffeinated drinks, including coffee, can reduce your risk of dying from heart disease by 31%. And, as if that weren't enough of a benefit, coffee may also lower your risk of developing colon cancer, so says a different study that was published in the International Journal of Cancer.

Maybe I should order myself another one of these. Now if I could only pronounce the name, I'd be all set.

No comments: