Sunday, 29 July 2007

How to pack your prescriptions when you travel

Filed under:

I just returned from a very relaxing, but very sandy vacation. Because I have asthma, I had to be sure to bring my controller inhalers and my rescue inhaler with me, and I soon discovered that sand and inhalers just don't mix. Luckily, I found a quick fix -- a ziplock bag -- and sealed my inhalers in that, but the next time I head out into the great wide open, I really should be better prepared.

If you take daily medications and are planning an upcoming trip, here's a list of recommendations to help you pack your medications safely, including suggestions for air and out of country travel. Knowing that you have your medications with you will ease your mind and having easy access to them will ensure that your disease or condition stays under good control while you enjoy your time off.

No comments: